Looking for electric skillet reviews and ratings? Well you’ve come to the right place. On this website, you’ll find honest reviews of the best electric skillets on the market. So check out my reviews, and also be sure to read my tips on how to select the best electric skillet.
Electric skillets are a type of frying pan that gets plugged into an outlet. They prepare meals without the use of a stovetop. These versatile kitchen appliances come in different shapes and sizes. Before buying one, there are a number of factors that you should consider. Each electric skillet serves a specific goal. If you know what you want, then the shopping process will be easier.
Five Factors to Consider When Purchasing an Electric Skillet
- Budget. The first thing to think about is your budget. Determine how much money you have to spend on the skillet. Setting a price range helps narrow down the options that you can’t afford. Never purchase an electric skillet just because it’s inexpensive. The same thing goes for choosing the most expensive one. You are more likely to find a good one when keeping an open mind.
- Size and Shape. Once a budget is set, pick a size and shape. Since electric skillets are made in a number of ways, there are multiple options to choose from. Most skillets are between 10 and 16 inches in diameter. When picking a size, figure out what kind of food you will be making. Not only that, but you also need to determine how much counter space you have. As for the shapes, they usually come in square, rectangular or oval.
- Cleaning Method. How an electric skillet is cleaned is another important factor to consider. If you don’t like to wash dishes by hand, then pick an electrical skillet that can be placed in the dishwasher. Not all skillets are dishwasher safe. In fact, some can only be cleaned with solution and a rag.
- Temperature Controls. You will also want to think about temperature controls. Some skillets have a high and low heat option, while others have a warm setting. Picture the way you prepare meals to figure out how to incorporate temperature controls into your cooking. If you like to deep-fry, then you will need a skillet that can reach at least 450 degrees. Skillets that only go up to 400 degrees are good for stir-frying.
- Cooking Style. In addition to temperature controls, you will also need to think about your cooking style. If you cook a lot of soup and stew, then you should choose an electric skillet with a glass lid. This allows you to view the contents of the pan without lifting the lid. Since soups are generally cooked at a low temperature, you don’t want to release heat by removing the lid. If you make meals that only take a few minutes to cook, then a plastic lid will be fine. Besides that, imagine how much residue your meals leave behind. If you leave behind a lot of residue, consider getting an electric skillet that is made from stainless steel.
|Buying Tip: When shopping for an electric skillet, look for one with high sides. This will allow you to accommodate larger amounts of food. Along with that, higher sides make it easier to deep-fry and braise. If you have awkward food shapes, they are more likely to fit better in a high-sided pan.|
What is the Best Electric Skillet?
An often asked question that we get here is what the best electric skillet is. We’ve been asked this so many times that we’ve decided to put up our own list of our top electric skillet recommendations. These are, in our opinion, the finest electric skillets on the market.
1. Best Electric Skillet: Cuisinart CSK-150 1500-Watt Electric Skillet
2. Also Recommended: Presto 06852 16-Inch Electric Skillet
3. Another Great Choice: Hamilton Beach 38540 Step Up Electric Skillet
Tips on Using Your Electric Skillet
For those of you who’ve already made the leap and bought an electric skillet, here are some tips to keep in mind when cooking with your electric skillet at home. Following these suggestions will help ensure that you get the most out of your electric skillet, and it will help you protect your newly acquired investment, so that it will last you as long as possible.