In today’s review, we’re going to be taking a look at the Cuisinart CSK-250 GreenGourmet Electric Skillet, one of Cuisinart’s best. With its 14″ diameter pan, it has decent size, giving you a generous 150 sq. in. of cooking surface to cook all of your favorite foods in.
How many of us have a kitchen appliance that we bought that we thought we just had to have, only to have it sitting in a cupboard somewhere, collecting dust? Probably most of us. Well, this isn’t one of those. This is a very useful kitchen appliance that you really will use and enjoy for a very long time. Let’s go over some of the great features and benefits that this electric skiillet has to offer.
Advantages of the Cuisinart CSK-250
- Good Heat Distribution – This electric skillet does a good job of distributing the heat evenly across the entire cooking surface. It doesn’t focus all of the heat just in the center or the outer rim, so you’ll get food that’s cooked evenly, without burned or undercooked spots on it.
- Great for Buffets – The Cuisinart CSK-250 is especially great for parties and gatherings, or whenever you plan to have guests over and you need to serve a lot of people. It’s a fairly large skillet so it will allow you prepare a large quantity of food. And on top of that, this electric skillet has a feature that keeps the food warm, so you can just plop it on top of a table or counter, set it to “warm”, and just allow your guests to serve themselves, buffet style. It’s a very convenient feature to have.
- Glass Lid – The CSK-250 comes with a great see-through lid, which is a must-have feature since it allows you to see the food as its being cooked.
- Nonstick Surface – The interior of this electric surface is coated with a special and unique ceramica material that Cuisinart created just for this electric skillet. It has a very “slippery” surface, and you will hardly ever have to use much oil or other cooking lubricant, as you just won’t need to. It also does not contain any PTFE or PFOA like a lot of other skillets out there, which makes this electric skillet very environmentally safe and safe to use.
Disadvantages of the Cuisinart CSK-250
- Lid Design Needs to Be Improved – We feel the lid could’ve been designed a little better. We found that when cooking food, steam would rise and accumulate underneath the lid and flow over to the rim of the pan, causing it to spill over the counter and the sides of the skillet (perhaps a bigger vent opening could be the solution to this problem). It’s not too big of an issue, but you’ll have to make sure you always have something on hand to clean up spills with when cooking foods that have a lot of liquid ingredients in them when using this skillet. Of course, you won’t really have this problem when frying or sauteing food.
Conclusion: Is the Cuisinart CSK-250 Electric Skillet Worth Buying?
It’s absolutely worth buying, and in fact, it’s one of the best electric skillets on the market. Not only is it a high quality product, but it’s got Cuisinart’s name attached to it, so you know right off the bat that you’re getting an excellent product. As far as price goes, it is on the higher end of the scale, but like the saying goes, “you get what you pay for”. And if you want to get a quality appliance like Cuisinart CSK-250, you’re going to have to pay more than your typical, cheap $30 electric skillet. If you value quality, then there’s really no need to hesitate on this one – get this skillet because you won’t regret it.
See more electric skillet reviews and ratings