Oster CKSTSKFM05 16-Inch Electric Skillet Review
This is a terrific electric skillet from the good people at Oster. The Oster CKSTSKFM05 16-Inch Electric Skillet relatively inexpensive, has a large cooking surface, and has some great features. An electric skillet is a must-have kitchen applaince if you often do any cooking away from the kitchen, like in your backyard patio. The Oster CKSTSKFM05 can be placed anywhere where there is an electrical outlet nearby. And because of its portability, it has a huge advantage over a traditional frying pan. Let’s take a closer look at this electric skillet and to see what it has to offer.
Advantages of the Oster CKSTSKFM05
- Large Cooking Surface – This electric skillet provides you with almost 300 square inches of surface to cook all of your favorite meals on. That’s a good amount of space for you to even the largest steaks and pork chops on. The whole point of an electric skillet is to be able to cook a good amount of food in it, which the Oster CKSTSKFM05 allows you to do.
- Handles Always Stay Cool – Another great feature of this electric skillet is that the handles never get hot, no matter how high you have the temperature set to or how long you cook in it. This is a great safety feature, and mothers who have children around will really appreciate this one.
- Heats Up Quickly – Who wants to sit around all day waiting for their skillet to heat up? We know we don’t and we doubt you do either. Well, you won’t have to do much waiting around when you use the Oster CKSTSKFM05 because it heats up very fast – very important for people who just want to whip up a quick meal for them or their family without having to waste a lot of time pre-heating their skillet.
Disadvantages of the Oster CKSTSKFM05
- Large Size May Make Storage a Challenge – Although this is a very minor isse indeed, we beilieve it’s worth mentioning that because it’s one of the larger skillets out there, you may find it a bit difficult finding enough free space in your cupboards to put inside of when not not in use.
- Control Dial Needs Improvement – The temperature control dial lacks adequate markings, which can make it kind of difficult to tell which setting you have it on. The temperature can only be increased or decreased in increments of fifty degrees, so if you want to set it to a temperature in between those two values, then you’ll have to guess at it. People who like to be able to finely control the temp. of the heat to the nearest degree when cooking will find this skillet inadequate for them.
Conclusion: Is the Oster CKSTSKFM05 Electric Skillet Worth Buying?
While it does have its fair share of issues, it’s still a good quality electric skillet that we feel will serve you well. At under , it’s relatively cheap as well. So if you’re strapped for cash, this is probably one of your better options. It’s similar in price, size, shape, and performance to the Presto 06852. So if you like the Presto, but would prefer an Oster brand appliance, then this is probably your best alternative.