The Wolfgang Puck WPER0010 Combination Electric Skillet is one of the most versatile cooking machines you’ll ever find. What’s so great about this appliance is that it’s not just a electric skillet – it’s also a roaster and a fryer! That’s right it can brown and saute your fried rice, roast your chickens and hamhocks, and it fry your chicken. And all of that functionality is built into a single little machine.
One of the best aspects about an all-in-one appliance like this is that it can save you a ton of countertop and storage space. Instead of having to put all 3 appliances on your countertop or in your cupboard (when not in use), you can just have a single device, the Wolfgang Puck WPER0010 Electric Skillet, do the work of all three for you, freeing up lots of countertop space in the process.
Here are the pros and cons of the Wolfgang Puck WPER0010:
Advantages of Wolfgang Puck WPER0010
- High Domed Lid – This electric skillet has a nice high rounded lid which is very important when you want to cook larger food items like turkeys, chickens, and meat loafs. If the lid is too shallow, you will not be able to cover the skillet due to the food protruding out of the top of the skillet. A high domed lid will allow you to cover the skillet when roasting, keeping the sumptuous juices locked inside.
- Versatility – As mentioned earlier, this is a multi-functional appliance that can do the job of 3 different appliances – browning/broiling, roasting, and frying. It’s must more efficient and cost-effective to buy appliances that can be operated in multiple ways than it would be to have to buy them separately, which will not only take up more space on your counter, but it will cost you more money.
- Simple to Clean – The Wolfgag Puck WPER0010 is very easy to clean. First of all, it’s dishwasher-safe, so if you don’t like washing your dishes by hand, you can plop this into your automatic dishwasher and you’re done. You’ll get a nice clean electric skillet, ready for use again the next time you need it. It also has a silky smooth nonstick surface, which makes it that much easier to clean since food won’t get stuck to the bottom of your pan.
Disadvantages of Wolfgang Puck WPER0010
- One issue that customers commonly complained about was that the markings on the temperature control dial started to fade away over time. No biggie, though. This is very common with most household appliances. Unfortunately, manufacturers just haven’t figured out a way yet to make markings permanent.
- Cumbersomely Large – Another possible downside of this electric skillet is that because it’s on the larger side, you may hard-pushed to find space for it in your kitchen. If you have a very small kitchen then you may want to consider opting for a smaller electric frying pan.
Is the Wolfgang Puck WPER0010 Electric Skillet Worth Buying?
The Wolfgang Puck WPER0010 Combination Electric Skillet is without question worth getting if you’re in need of a high-quality electric skillet. Its versatility alone makes it worth buying. And the fact that you’re getting 3 appliances in one makes this is a great value for your money. It gets top marks from us all the way around.
See more electric skillet reviews and ratings